As a kid the Choose your own adventure series was so exciting to me. The Series has endured and been reintroduced to young readers by bringing the popular series back to be enjoyed by new generations of readers.
On May 1st, a brand new addition to the group will be released- Spies.
Read along as an historical figure and choose your own path! I can’t wait for this to be released. I bet your kids will love it too!
You may preorder the books on the website- Below find the full text of the press release along with dates that you may visit with the authors.
WAITSFIELD, Vt., April 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Chooseco, publisher of the world-famous Choose Your Own Adventure® interactive book series announced the release of Choose Your Own Adventure SPIES, a new sub-series that lets readers experience life as an actual spy from history.
The sub-series launches with two May 1st titles written by debut authors Kyandreia Jones and Katherine Factor. Each book explores the life of an iconic figure: the young Margaretha Zelle, best known as MATA HARI, and JAMES ARMISTEAD LAFAYETTE, a true hero and spy from the Revolutionary War whose amazing story is rarely included in history books.
Debut authors KATHERINE FACTOR (Choose Your Own Adventure SPIES: Mata Hari) and KYANDREIA JONES (Choose Your Own Adventure SPIES: James Armistead Lafayette) will be visiting bookstores, schools, and libraries nationwide.
See below for the current Choose Your Own Adventure SPIES event calendar:
- May 1: Reading and Q&A with Kyandreia Jones at Hamilton College (Clinton, NY)
- May 3: Reading and Q&A with Katherine Factor at NW Academy (Portland, OR)
- May 9: Reading and writing workshop with Katherine Factor at Hawthorne Scholastic Academy (Chicago, IL)
- May 18: Reading and Q&A with Katherine Factor at Powell’s Books (Portland, OR)
- May 19: Reading and Q&A with Katherine Factor at Rose City Book Pub (Portland, OR)
- June 1: Reading and Q&A with Kyandreia Jones at Books & Books (Coral Gables, FL)
- July 16: Reading and writing workshop with Katherine Factor at Traverse Area District Library (Traverse City, MI)
- July & August: Readings and writing workshops with Katherine Factor at Saturday Academy (Portland, OR)
Chooseco is a purpose-built publishing house which brought the groundbreaking Choose Your Own Adventure series back to print. Since the series relaunch, Chooseco has sold over 15 million copies. Chooseco is based in Vermont. It boasts a creative team dedicated to promoting literacy through immersive interactive stories.